As a former cabinet maker and woodwork/CDT teacher, Mark Arridge, the founder of the business, has a natural preference to wooden garage doors over all the others.
He says “A wooden garage door on the front of a property sets the tone. It gives a quality feel to the property. Made in the correct wood and finished with modern woodstains, it will look good for years without the need for maintenance.
Most wooden garage doors we sell come factory finished with a 5 year no maintenance guarantee.”
Established in 1989, Arridge Garage Doors started as a local supply and install company in Oswestry, Shropshire, covering North Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire. “We began to supply doors out of the area at discounted prices to small builders,
DIYers and self builders through our first website. We explained things clearly over the phone, gave hints and tips on installation and delivered on time” says Mark.
“It just grew from there. We began doing trade shows, such as the Homebuilding and Renovating show at the NEC. To help customers out of the area to have their chosen
door installed, we built up a network of quality self-employed fitters who we could feel confident in recommending. The fitter who does most of the installation work for our customers
in the South East ended up taking on two more fitters. Our discounted prices, expertise and unbiased advice is the bedrock of our success.
We are a hardworking little outfit who stay focused on detail and service. “
Arridge Garage Doors are the only ISO 9001 accredited online wgarage door discounter. They have had this accreditation since 2006. Wooden garage doors have become popular. In the 1980’s glassfibre became the preferred material for garage doors but they fade and cannot easily be rejuvenated like a timber garage door. Timber garage doors are not any more expensive than these GRP timber lookalikes.
Arridge Garage Doors advise on, sell, deliver and install (if required) high quality, standard size and made-to-measure garage doors from the leading garage door manufacturers such as Hormann, Garador, Cedar Door, Woodrite and Cardale. Arridge Garage Doors deliver to all parts of the UK mainland, with very few exceptions, every week. Direct site deliveries by manufacturers are closely co-ordinated by Arridge. All customers are given pre-delivery phone calls.
Please see some of our testimonials below relating to
- Advice on the correct garage door
- Excellent prices
- Good deliveries
- Fitters who take pride in their work
1. a) The whole process has been a very pleasant experience, ranging from the prompt and very helpful advice from your own staff when I was deciding what to buy, to the Hörmann truck driver who against all odds manoeuvred his forklift to deliver the (very heavy) goods right inside our garage. This is in direct contrast to some of your competitors who, quite frankly, couldn’t have cared less.
Keep up the good work! Dick Hansell.
b) The service received was exemplary from initial phone call to delivery of door. The person I spoke to prior to ordering was knowledgeable and very helpful. He answered all my questions, gave excellent advice and was very professional. Mrs.M.Robinson
2. a) As a self builder, Arridge Garage Doors gave an excellent service & the best price I could find on-line. Wish all my suppliers were as good. D.W.Powell
b) Dear Sirs, Thanks for the two doors they work perfectly. A local garage door supplier wanted £3200.00 to supply and fit two doors without electric opening. Yours were £2000.00 with motors etc. The whole job of changing the doors with the electrics took me a weekend. Thanks once again. Paul Glavin
3. a) I would just like to thank you and your company for what I can only consider to be one of the finest services I have ever received. To order custom made doors, have them delivered and fitted within a week is quite remarkable. I am delighted with the quality and the cost was more than impressive. Stephen Perilly
b) Thank you very much for being so on-the-ball right from suggesting this door to me, ordering it and having it delivered promptly and efficiently. Martin Brown
4. a) The fitter is superb at his trade and made sure I was fully briefed on the mechanisms and operation before leaving site, a beautifully finished job. Dave Lewis
b) Just a note to say thank you for supplying and fitting our roller shutter doors so promptly and efficiently - they look great.
I will definitely be recommending your company to others. The fitter and his mate were also excellent, a very clean and tidy job inside and out, you wouldn’t know they had been! They are a credit to your company. Thanks again. Scott Wheatley